Conference Planning Committee
Debra Hook MPH, RD, co-chair
Suzanne Ratko RD, co-chair
Elieen Blakely MS, RD
Anne Boney MEd, RD, LDN
Casey Burns RD
Mary Brown MS, RD
Melisa Edwards, RD
Sommer Gaughan, RD
Laura Jeffers MEd, RD
Amy Pender MSc, RD, CDE
Mary Sowa MS, RD
Sandy vanCalcar, PhD, RD
Carol Williams MS, RD
Joyce Wong MS, RD
Goal and Objectives:
- Plan, organize and manage the bienniel education conferences.
- Establish an international educational program that is current, relevant and thought provoking.
- Provide a forum for dialogue and discussions on "best practices" for dietary treatment of rare genetic conditions.
- Develop conference theme and agenda.
- Determine date, locations and venue of conference.
- Assemble committee members.
- Create an educational program and obtain CEUs.
- Invite speakers and moderators.
- Invite members to submit abstracts for posters and oral presentations.
- Acquire sponsorships and vendors.
- Obtain funding through the efforts of the Conference Sponsorship Workgroup.
- Develop and utilize guidelines for future conferences.