Communication and Advocacy Committee
Kathleen Huntington MS, RD
Debra Hook MPH, RD
Marie Lefrancois MS, RD
Kathryn Moseley MS, RD
Kim Page MS, RD, LD
Darla Smith MPH, RD
Jennifer Taylor MS, RD - co-chair
Goals and objectives:
- Develop and oversee internal and external communications for the organization, including alliance and media relations, marketing activities, and online communications.
- Promote awareness of the goals and expertise of the organization to the greater community.
- Work in conjunction with the education, technology and research committees to organize, develop, and promote access to electronic resources for the education, training and advancement of research among GMDI members.
- Prepare regular e-blast updates to members regarding important issues pertaining to GMDI and metabolic disorders.
- Facilitate job postings on the website.
- Update and maintain a dynamic GMDI website that provides timely information to members to address their professional and informational needs.
- Disseminate information about advocacy efforts on behalf of the clinical population that GMDI members serve.